Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hello my name is............



Most people would consider me to be outgoing and maybe even a little bit brave - but the truth is that I am nervous in new situations and get very stressed when I have to go to functions and parties where I don't know other people. Good parties do begin with great conversations. Thanks to these new conversation starter party napkins, all I need to do now is consult my napkin. Questions such as: "What was your most memorable meal ever?", "What historical time period would you most like to visit?" and "Is science or art more essential to humanity?" might help some people break the ice.

I'm not sure these napkins would work for me. It is safe to say that I would never probably ask the above questions - I prefer the more idiotic and moronic line of questioning "how do you know the host?", "that is a gorgeous scarf, where did you get it?", "do you live around here?"......I would have to fumble to find my reading glasses in order to read the dang napkin and that would probably cause me to spill something on the napkin........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to keep party napkins clean --sweaty hands, smeared lipstick, greasy food all conspire against reading what's on them. Besides those napkins don't give answers to the dreaded question "And what do you do?"
Wendy

Anonymous said...

And why do I feel the need to answer Wendy's question with "Well, I used to be a lawyer". As though what I've done in the last 20 years has no worth!
Julie