Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things to see on the Way Back to Vancouver.....

In less than a month now, I will head back by car to Vancouver. Miguel will follow by plane when all his follow ups and appointments are complete. I'm not looking forward to the high gas prices, but in Canada we have always paid more for gas so I'm prepared. My older, meaner sister* (well, actually my only sister) is coming from Ontario to travel with me. We will travel south down into Texas (we have never been to Texas) and then travel west into California and then north to Vancouver. If you have any good ideas for things to see, do, eat along the way, please let us know.

Here is one thing we probably won't be experiencing when we get to California. Blue Bottle Café has a siphon bar, imported from Japan at a total cost of more than $20,000. This is the first and only such model in the United States - it doesn't make espresso, but supposedly a fabulous brewed coffee.


* this may or may not be true

No comments: