Monday, April 28, 2008

Quidnunc? Culinary School for Some?

You know that at my tender age (old) I'm always wondering what is next - especially given that my sojourn in Kansas is ending and I'll be returning to my real-Canada world. I always admired those who picked a career at an early age and actually stuck with it - I learned after Libary School (but before Law School) that I really had no clue what I really wanted to do for the rest of my life - and even now, I'm still not sure what i want to do next. This CNN article looks at middle-aged professionals who have given up their careers for culinary school.

Enrollment has risen 40 percent since 2000 at the Culinary Institute of America, and it's up 15 percent this year at The Art Institutes, which operates 30 culinary programs across the country. Not all the graduates become chefs - they open restaurants, food related businesses and consulting companies. The good thing is that people are taking a risk and trying something different. Maybe a restaurant reviewer.......now that would be a good job...........

No comments: