Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cereal Killers........


My son was a cereal killer as a child - he loved cereal - all kinds, mixed kinds, at all times of the day. Last weekend I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall - and the lead character is seen many times eating cereal from a large mixing bowl (in his boxers, on the sofa, surrounded by mess) - it isn't a bad imitation of my son.


When the children were little and we went on summer vacation, I would purchase novelty cereals for a treat - big favourites were Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops (I was such a bad mother). One summer when our whole family was together at a cottage in Muskoka, we even bought Count Chocula. It was surprising how fast the cereal was being consumed - until one morning my father (in his late 70's) confessed that he was waking up every night to have a big bowl. He did so love his Count Chocula! So today, when I saw this list of the Top 10 Chocolate Breakfast Cereals, I figured I would post it for you so you can plan your summer vacations or next cereal purchase........

No comments: