Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Bye El Patio.......

Today was a day of packing and sorting and throwing things away and saying more goodbyes.....Tomorrow I leave Wichita (with my sister) to drive back to Vancouver. Our plan is to drive south to Oklahoma City (to see the Oklahoma City Memorial) and then turn right (go west young girls) to California and then turn north to Vancouver. We have a one day stay in Salem, Oregon with my father's cousin (she is in her 80's - and she has collected all my paternal grandfather's family history). Then.......home........... yippeee.......

Today we visited El Patio - it has become one of my favourite restaurants here in Wichita. It is a Mexican restaurant in the downtown area - it offers cheap and delicious treats - but the best things are the flour tacos. They are filled with beef, potatoes and spices, served with lettuce and cheese. The corn tacos are good too - but flour tacos are something I have learned to love. We were joined by family members and almost everyone ordered the flour tacos - and iced tea of course. It IS Wichita after all......

I'll be blogging from the road - and we'll be stopping for any flour tacos we see....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great road trip. Looking forward to your posts from the road.
Nora