Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July.........

The problem with not blogging for a few days, is that I have so many things I want to write about, but figure that things that are a few days old are of little interest to my friends in the blogosphere. The most interesting personal news is that three Kansans arrived in Vancouver on July 1st (Canada Day). After making sure they know a little bit about Canada (it is their first trip) we have spent time traveling to Victoria (on Vancouver Island) and to visit friends on Salt Spring Island (one of the Gulf Islands). No, we did not find see any disarticulated feet (with running shoes attached). We did however see killer whales on the ferry over to Vancouver Island, a big pod of dolpins splashing about in the water during our ferry trip back, many deer on Salt Spring and many bald eagles. The Kansans enjoyed poking around in the tide pools - seeing star fish, clams, crabs for the first time in their natural habitat.......We did manage to see a bald eagle at about 10 feet away - he was beautiful - I have never seen an eagle at that close a distance..... the Kansans have seen many impressive west coast sights.....

Today my Kansans will have to celebrate the 4th of July here in Canada. I'm thinking that I will try and make them one of those cakes that have blueberries and strawberries that look like the American flag......do you think that might make them feel less home-sick? Or maybe, I'll just have a bbq (which I understand is a requirement for all 4th of July parties) and sing them their national anthem..... yeah.....that oughta do it.......

To my American friends - Happy 4th of July......... If you listen hard later, you'll hear me singing..........

No comments: