Friday, August 8, 2008

Martha Stewart hasn't met my children.......



Today Martha Stewart's Organizing Tip of the Day - little felt additions to wooden hangers. These little pieces of felt stop trousers from slipping while on said wooden hangers. Sounds like a good idea for those people whose trousers slip off wooden hangers......

I got to thinking - what would Martha say if she met my children or if she met the four teenagers who stayed at my house last month? There are no hangers involved in any parts of their lives - clothes live on the floor. I have noticed that there is a brief moment when the clothes are scooped up to be washed - for one brief moment I can see the floor. But it is only for a brief moment. Need something to wear? Just check the floor.........

My daughter's "floor addiction" has been memorialized - there is a photo of my first-born that appeared in her univeristy yearbook - she is sitting in her dorm room with clothes all over the floor. A proud moment for a mother, don't ya think?

Don't get me wrong - I was a messy child and teen. It wasn't until I lived on my own at university that I started to care about having neat and presentable surroundings. I actually would love Martha's felt-enhanced hangers. But can someone please tell me when my children will possibly ever hang up a piece of clothing?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know when kids start to pick things up, but if you ever find out, please let me know!

Anonymous said...

One day a week my floor is cloths free thats the day i do my laundry
Jacob

Anonymous said...

haha Krista this had me laughing. I try to use hanger at my home in Wichita, but I will say that we did use Kates room as a walk in closet while we visited...oops! No hangers involved. Miss you!! -Ricala