Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wills and Bad Leggings.......

You may think that because I haven't been writing regularly that I have no news to report. The reality is that I just don't spend as much time at my computer these days - and by the time I finish correspondence and reading on the computer, I just don't take the time to blog. Most of my time has been spent doing paperwork - taxes, getting a new will and a legal project that I will tell you about when it is all complete and put-to-bed.

I will tell you about my will though. The only will I have ever had was made when my youngest child was 2. That was almost 20 years ago. Are you a little shocked that I didn't have an up-to-date will? I have been talking to friends and there are others who are worse than me.... even other lawyers (so don't think I was the only one).......

My first and only will was made when I was still married and had a 2 and 5 year old. I remember agonizing about who would be the guardians of my precious little ones if something happened to me. I worried about how they would get through school and how there would be enough money to take care of them if I died. Now they are "growed up" my concerns are different. Now I have to think about what would happen to my mother if I died tomorrow and what would Miguel do. Are my children capable and ready to be executors of my will? What would my son do with a lump sum of money tomorrow? (I shudder to think)

But - I didn't want to write about my will. I wanted to post this photo for you:

You can read the comments here.

It tried very hard to snow here in Vancouver yesterday. On April 1st. It.tried.to.snow.

No comments: