Sunday, September 6, 2009

Never blog while tipsy.....

That should be a rule - but I have always been one to question rules.....
Today was my birthday....I should mention that all day long I worried that I might succumb to senior citizen specials again.....the siren call, the siren call....... I am mightily ashamed of yesterday's breakfast special....it only saved me $1.40 cents, but it made me feel 20 years older.......
And today I am one year older....56 years old.....
After a day of rain and mountains and slippery roads today was a day of....rain and mountains and slippery roads. My sister and Miguel bought me a blueberry muffin complete with birthday candle this morning....and after hotel room coffee, we headed out from Spokane....
Even though it was raining, we loved driving throught Idaho - Coeur d`Alene is a lovely city and the countryside was stunning through Idaho even though there was an occasional hydro-plane event. We moved into Montana and when we passed over the Continental Divide I was giddy with excitement. I love the idea of the Continental Divide....now we are really moving eastward......
We had a few stops throughout the day and have ended up in Livingston, Montana... Jeff Bridges, Meg Ryan, Whoopie Goldberg all have ranches near Livingston. Here is a fun fact about Livingston.....if, after driving all day and ending up at Montana`s Rib and Chop House for a great dinner, and after consuming a 27 ounce Margarita (it is my birthday after all), the waiter will offer you a margarita to go.....yes, this is true..... and so, in margaritahaze, I tell you that I love Livingston.... I love Montana....what a country!

No comments: