Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas - it came, it went.....

How could the holidays be over already? The anticipation for the holidays was great for me - I baked, I decorated, I provisioned, I made plans. The children arrived.....we ate, we laughed, we visited with friends and family.....and I even took a photo of the kidlets:

There was a "no present" policy in place - so i didn't have to do any real shopping - just a few little things ..... very very pleasant .....
My mother, now living in an assisted living facility had a busy social life around the holidays - lots of nice activities and special meals - so she was occupied and happy.
We had a lovely time with family and friends.....and one of my friends got engaged, so there was even more celebration.
And.....just like that.....the holidays are winding down......my first-born left this morning (after a 2.5 hour security line at the airport for her slight into the US)....the second-born leaves tomorrow (but not on an international flight)..... Christmas 2009, finished......
Happy Holidays everyone.........

No comments: