Tuesday, February 26, 2008

If I had a half-sibling I would want to know……


My Canadian friends probably all know this story by now – a man living in Vancouver is alleged to be a son of John F Kennedy. If there was any chance that someone could be your sibling, wouldn’t you want to find out for sure? My friends Jim and Jane introduced me to my new obsession of genealogy a while back, and I have spent lots of time trying to track my family (and my children’s family) back through the ages (another story or blog, to be sure). Who were the people that came before me? What traits and characteristics do we share? As a result of my searching, I found a cousin of my father (in her 80’s) who has for years longed to find out more about my family. I will meet her hopefully in May this year (she lives in Oregon now) and we will hopefully learn a lot more about our connection. If anyone thinks they are my sibling or relative, please let me know –I hear DNA tests are painless!

No comments: