Sunday, February 24, 2008

Jessica Lange asks Quidnunc....yes, really.....


Well, she may not have posed the question in Latin, but she did talk about how she has been wondering what will happen next in her life now that her children have left home. Jessica was on Sunday Morning - she discussed her young years as an adventurous traveler and her early career as an actress (starting with the disastrous King Kong). Now that her children have moved on, she says that she was forced to then ask the question “what next”. Unlike other mere mortals who ask themselves this question, she is concentrating on her career - she is not only filming two movies but also publishing a book of photographs. She isn't just asking quidnunc – she is busy busy....

I’m thinking that Jessica and I should become new best quidnunc friends. Why, you might ask?

1. She asked quidnunc (in English, mind you)
2. I saw Mikhail Baryshnikov in 1974 his first public performance in Toronto after his defection
3. I used to force my friends to go and see obscure modern productions – and they have never forgiven me for making them go the premiere of Sam Shepard’s troubling and complicated Buried Child.
4. I never did see King Kong, so I only have the highest regard for her career.
5. Anyone who could have had relationships (and children) with Baryshnikov and Shepard must be very very interesting.

No comments: