Saturday, February 23, 2008

Way toooo cute.....

I loved the movie Once. I saw it last year with my Tuesday Movie Group and I have made everyone around me watch the video. The movie had a quiet charm and I am always charmed by low-budget independent films that can sometimes beat any big budget Hollywood offering. The actors and musicians were simple and honest in their portrayals of young struggling music lovers with responsibilities and commitments. The fact that the leading actors actually are lovers makes perfect sense to me - and I can't wait to see them sing at the Oscars. I hope they win. Check out this NYTimes article about how they are preparing for the Oscars - sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree -- about both the article and the movie. However, my younger daughter pointed out (correctly) that I would not be pleased if our older daughter, who is 19 was dating a 37 year-old. Still I do think that male lead was right up my alley.

Wendy