Saturday, March 22, 2008

I Blog about Sports - wonder of wonders.......

Today was an “Easter celebration” with my mother and Miguel’s family (a day early I know). My mom and I brought the Polish offerings - pierogies, kielbosa (or the closest we could get to it here in Wichita) and beets (it's all about the beets). My mother had also brought some smoked salmon from Vancouver - and the whole clan enjoyed that too.

It was also time to watch March Madness (which I have come to love). Of course, the KU Jayhawks are playing, and everyone is in love with the Jayhawks. So – I have been following the games.

The Jayhawks had a 75-56 victory over UNLV this evening – after a close first half, they got down to business and wrapped up the game.

The Stanford vs. Marquette game was very exciting - Stanford won in overtime. The Stanford team relies heavily on the 7 feet Lopez twins – Brook and Robin. They are exciting to watch – talented and gorgeous. Brook Lopez sunk the winning basket with 1.3 seconds left in overtime. Their mother was an Olympic swimmer – but how did she have two 7 foot high boys?? Here they are in action.

So next weekend, watch the Stanford game – you’ll love the Lopez twins. Oh - and don't forget to cheer for the Jayhawks.

Yes, it is true…….I’m writing about sports.........

No comments: