Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm not in Kansas anymore..........

Nope - I'm not in Kansas anymore...........things in Vancouver are different from things in Kansas. Here are a few examples:

1. Traffic congestion - on every street in Vancouver.
2. Pay Parking - on every street, at every location in Vancouver. While I was in Wichita, I never had to pay for meter parking - and never for a parking lot. In Vancouver, not only is it difficult to find street parking anywhere (see traffic congestion above), it is expensive. When we were in Wichita we had to go to the hospital every day - in Vancouver we would have to pay for parking every day - in Wichita? free parking.........
3. Gas Prices - now I know my American friends are finding the gas price jumps difficult to swallow. But in Canada we have always had higher gas prices.
4. Prices of Everything - everything in Kansas is cheaper than things in Vancouver. Food, restaurants, consumer goods.........everything.

I'm not complaining about these things - they are just things that are decidedly different. OK - I guess I'm complaining about traffic and maybe a little bit about pay parking..........

No comments: