Monday, October 27, 2008

Moving to Canada.....

When I first arrived in Kansas last year, I was worried about how as a liberal Canadian feminist, I would survive in a red state. Many Kansans had questions about Canadian life - about our medical system, our climate (always about our climate) and about our political system. The funny thing I discovered was that although Kansans in general possess more conservative political and social views, they had the same basic values and desires of Canadians - the desire for security, peace, happiness and self-fulfillment. I know it is hopeless for me to wish for Kansans to vote for Obama this year - but I can still dream, can't I? For my other American friends who might want to consider a move to Canada after the election, here is a good video for you......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL - sign me up.
Beth in MISSOURI (hopefully not a red state this time...)