Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Chuckles thanks to David Letterman

Once I fall in love, it is hard to shake me from my devoted slavish loyalty. Unwavering - I stand by my television show. I fell in love with SNL the first day it broadcast and have stood by it every show since - through thick and thin. This year, thanks to the election, SNL is doing very well thank you (I'm now not the only supporter). My second love has always been David Letterman - I never went through any "maybe Leno is better", "Dave is getting stale and cranky", "maybe you're too old to be staying up this late" phases.....nope, I stand by my television first love. Every Monday morning, the Late Show Newsletter is delivered to my inbox - it lets me know who will be appearing during the week - and it usually has some good jokes or links........Today's list of Fun Facts sent in by viewers was great, so I had to share it with you. Here are some of the chuckliest (my word)......

Fun Facts Contest Winners!

"Abracadabra" is Latin for "I hope to hell this works"
- Jeff T., Peterborough, NH

It takes a giraffe a half an hour to clear its throat
- Randy J., King, NC

It has been scientifically proven that the most effort
any human can give is 107%
- Jesse B., Souderton, PA

The first batch of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup
was just "Mm Mm Okay"
- Amanda K., Middleburg Heights, OH

Before taking over "The Price Is Right,"
Drew Carey was neutered
- Ian W., Richmond, BC

If Sharon Stone married Oliver Stone, she'd be known as Sharon Stone
- David T., Salem, NH

When JC Penney died, he left his wife penniless
- Martin K., Chicopee, MA

Despite countless renditions of the song, Dionne Warwick still does not know the way to San Jose
- Patrick A., Sunnyvale, CA

That's not dancing. Those aren't stars.
- John K., Dallas, TX

No comments: