Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Slow Start to the New Year.....

A very slow start, given that snow fell again yesterday and the streets are even more impassable than before. One might think that being housebound would make us focus on housework - that the house would be sparkling clean and organized. But somehow this hasn't happened. There is little joy about being forced to be home and quiet. You know how it feels when you find a bit of time and you can indulge in reading and catching up with paperwork and you enjoy having such a quiet productive time? Well, this hasn't happened. We are restless and wish for the snow to be gone so that the world can start turning as it should....
Never mind......the snow will melt in a week or so (hopefully).....

I thought I'd show you a photo of the cooked turducken - I neglected it in my earlier post. You can see the layers of stuffing and you can certainly see the duck part.

I did get a Blackberry after Christmas - I intentionally got it when the children would be home (so that they could teach me how to work it). Definitely a product endorsement for my new Blackberry.....

Another endorsement coming up: my daughter purchased these prepared yam slices the other day. Yam fries at restaurants are always yummy (or should I say, yammy). But I could never cut them like this and I never fry anything (as I have a huge fear of frying). The recipe on the back of the package for baked fries is easy and the resulting cooked yam fries were a bit hit. My daughter also purchased a honey mustand mayo for dipping the yam fries.



I'm off to watch Tess of D'Urbervilles on PBS - it is a two part series and so far I'm hooked.

No comments: