Saturday, March 7, 2009

Television, oh the Television.........

It was a good week of television. Most noteworthy was The Office. The high points included watching Pam turn away a phone salesman (so that she doesn't lose her job answering the phone) and watching Kevin and Michael deal with the loneliness of Valentine's Day. Kevin was brilliant this week - not just a buffoon or simpleton, but someone who showed real depth and complexity of emotion. And Creed stealing a blood bag from the blood bank?? Gotta love Creed.

There was of course more television - including the new additions (to ruin my life) of Celebrity Apprentice and America's Next Top Model. Have I ever mentioned that I love my PVR? I was able to watch both of these two hour openers in not too much time (flashing through commercials). I always think Tyra's gimmicky costumes and themes are idiotic - but I love getting to the nitty gritty of the new arrivals........a model with terrible burns, a girl who loves blood, a street girl who has lost her baby and appears to be homeless (but has atrocious green decorated finger nails)...... and the bitch fighting, always the bitch fighting.....gotta love it. As for Celebrity Apprentice? Scott Hamilton is far too nice to hang around with the likes of his teammates. Joan Rivers and her daughter? give me a break........

Lost - another great week of story-telling. My friend Wendy tells me that when ER is finished this year she will be sad to see it end. I feel the same way knowing that the crazy tale of Lost is coming to an end.

In other breaking news.........tomorrow I head to Palm Springs for a few days of sunshine, relaxation and mandatory margaritas. I'll report in from poolside and let you know what is happening................

No comments: