Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When your Children Live Far Away...

When your children live far away, it doesn't mean that you don't worry about them or wonder on a daily basis if they are safe, alive, healthy and happy. When the little wretches don't call or email me for days on end, I get anxious. Thank heavens for Facebook - all I need to do is check them on Facebook and I can usually see that they are in fact communicating with other humans (and are therefore alive) and that usually alleviates my major worries. My children friended me on Facebook many years ago and I try never to comment (in my nasty, nagging, nattering voice) about what they are up to (gosh, that is hard).

Now I have a new way to catch up with them. Both of them have started their own blogs - and here are the links (and my comments):

www.frostedtips.blogspot.com (from my child who loves politics, sports and music - beware though - this blog is from a child who never filters any thought, word or deed. He has never cared about what anyone thinks and he loves a good debate)

www.sophistikatedlady.blogspot.com (from my adventurous child who follows culture and trends - she has always had a unique and imaginative style)

Just a disclaimer: I am only in a minor way responsible for my children's actions and ideas. You can hold it all against me.........

No comments: