Thursday, June 25, 2009

Out Out Damn Spouse...........


I have little (no, i take that back, I have NO) compassion for people who cheat while they are in a relationship. We are all human and we all are tempted at various times in our lives. But if you do believe that oaths and promises are important, then you have to uphold those oaths and promises, no matter how difficult that might be. I always made that clear to my first husband - you cheat and it is over. And when I found out he was cheating, it was over. Over......
I would not have been Hillary or Elizabeth Edwards or Silda Spitzer, standing by my husband as he confessed. Over........ Out of the House......Get Away...... So I applaud Mrs. Sanford today for not appearing with her husband and not standing by him as he tries to save his political career.
Marriages are very difficult creatures and we all just love to be in love........ But enough hypocrisy from Family Value leaders who oppose same sex marriages and decry the foibles of others - enough. Sanford was a harsh critic of Bill Clinton. Explaining his decision to back impeachment articles against Clinton he stated" I think what he did in this matter was reprehensible... I feel very comfortable with my vote." I love Jon Stewart's opinion last night about Sanford - he is "just another politician with a conservative mind and liberal penis".........
You might wonder why I have this free time today to rant on about hypocritical conservative men - well, today is the first day I have had free time to blog. My mother has gone out on her first solo adventure (to her book club meeting) and I have a few hours free. That meant paying and filing bills, cleaning my messy desk, sorting through things that need to be done and having a moment of alone time.
Miguel had an almost clean bill of health at his one-year check up. There is no cancer but there is an area of concern that needs monitoring...........I am trying to stay positive and calm. It is good to have him home again - now we just need to get my mother ready for her move next week.

No comments: