Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Stuff..........

My mother is adjusting very happily to her new assisted living accommodation. It helps that she has a beautiful view of the mountains and English Bay from her window and that she is living just down the street from her home of 25 years. She has been feeling better every day since her accident and now that the move is complete, all the stress of packing and cleaning out her home is gone.

The good news is that we are both happier - we enjoy being able to visit and we both know that this living arrangement is the best for everyone. Miguel and I have been visiting often - helping her get her pictures on the walls, hooking up the television, sorting out bills and just visiting. Phew.........I am so happy that things have worked out for her and for us.

One bad thing is that her stuff migrated to my basement. My stuff, plus her stuff equals lots of stuff. Miguel has tried to organize the new stuff, but he can't camouflage or hide the stuff........it is everywhere. My only concern is if the new stuff starts mating with my stuff - I will really be in trouble.

No comments: