Tuesday, July 28, 2009

WTF Television.........

The day we bought a Personal Video Recorder is the day that started me into crazy reality television viewing. I can tape all the shows - Little Couple, 18 Kids and Counting, Millionaire Matchmaker, Say Yes to the Dress, Jon and Kate Plus 8 - there is NO limit to what I can tape. Then - when there is nothing on television (no election to follow, no Lost, no Office) - I can speed through these shows. I know, I know - no need to lecture me.....

So - today I will tell you that for a weekly dose of WTF, you need to watch Toddlers and Tiaras. I taped it the other day and man, oh man - the people in this show are aliens to me. The first show of the new season featured an Anna Nichole Smith look-alike 4 year old. Her mother has spent over $65,000 on her daughter's pageant clothes, coaching, entries and makeup. Then there were two twin 6 year old sisters - AshLynn and BreAnne, who are forced to compete against each other. Poor AshLynn will be growing up knowing with certainty that "mom always liked you best" - BreAnn is clearly the favourite. BreAnne usually wins the crowns, but at this pageant, she threw a temper tantrum and her father wouldn't let her compete for the rest of the day, so AshLynn ended up winning. BreAnne won't accept this. If you go to this link, you can see what I mean. Who couldn't not watch this??

I'm not sure I should thank my friend Wendy who has now recommended "16 and Pregnant"...just another WTF show to record and watch.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, after a hard day driving the kids back and forth to camp, nothing looks more inviting than WTF reality tv and knitting. I have a line on another show which looks very promising- when I have more details, I'll share. It involves complete strangers sitting in total darkness talking to one another in an attempt to decide if they would like to get to know one another in the light. How promising is that?!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

note: 16 and pregnant --- mostly, if not all, southern