Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lego Forever......

I still have lots of Lego in the house - I am pretty sure that I will keep it until I can pass it on to a grandchild or hand it back to my son. Until then, I really won't get rid of it. I have many fond memories of my second-born-son and heir playing joyfully for hours with his Lego. When he and his Lego-addicted friends were about 11 they started an interactive game that involved constructing large installations. It was a complicated game and required one full room of his friend's house (yes, one dedicated Lego room). The four or so boys built intricate Lego structures and basically had a continuous interactive game - about what I'm not really sure. Knowing those boys, I am sure they made up the rules as they went along and it likely involved war, intrigue and superheroes. Those were simple and happy days in my son's boyhood. So, the Lego stays......

So you can imagine how I am interested to read of a two-story house being constructed entirely out of Lego bricks in Surrey, England. Over three million Lego bricks have been delivered (we don't own that many). The house will be life-size with a staircase, toilet and shower. Here is a photo of the builder - and he doesn't even look like a Lego character.....


In other Lego news....here is a photo of the Obama Inauguration in Lego

No comments: