Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thought you might like this.....



From the great insightful mind of Indexed.

I would like to tell you that I have been so busy and productive for the last few days, that I just haven't had time to blog. But that would be a huge fib. It has been raining like the dickens here for days. I have kept busy with friends, family and bridge, and some small amount of house-cleaning - but the truth be told is that there has been nothing of any interest to report to you. My big plan for cleaning out the house? Hasn't happened..... I did buy some extra storage bins - so that might count.

I have seen a few movies: Young Victoria (worth seeing) and Nine (much better than I expected - very intriguing and interesting in fact). This week Miguel made chicken as well as cheese enchiladas - lots of them for Olympics guests that will be visiting. I made yogurt in my crockpot for the first time ever (big perfect win) and I started to plan for my mother's 90th birthday this year (shhhhh....don't tell her).

I have been playing bridge with an inconsistency not heretofore known to mortal man - some days we are contenders, the next day the bottom of the heap. The thrill of victory and the agony of the defeat (over and over again). I am not sure if it is the rain or the ignominy of bridge that is making the days seem so dark and hopeless. I will continue to blame the rain though......

No comments: