Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger Woods, Olympics, Sunshine.....

You probably are expecting me to write about Tiger Woods' apology this morning, aren't ya? I'm just watching him embrace his mother at the end - now he is shaking hands with people and walking out......just walking out......he had his 14 minute statement (I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm the only person to blame)....and just walked out. I guess I am blogging about it.....my one point....how does he get away with setting the rules about his press conference (no questions)? What journalist would sit through that? Don't you think that he had practiced his statement (including looking at the audience at crucial times)? Doesn't that bug ya?

OK - back to the Olympics. The weather here in Vancouver is glorious - the sun has been shining and everyone is in a festive and exuberant mood. My poor Toronto friends who attended events on the rainiest, wettest, foggiest and coldest of conditions, still had great fun. But it must be much more fun for spectators now that the weather is better. If you want to purchase the pants worn by the Norwegian Curlers, here is a fun article that will point you to the way to do so....

Miguel's grandson arrived last night....my second born arrives this afternoon. Tomorrow my 12 year old neice arrives....lots of events for everyone to see in the next week.
Speaking of other things that bug me (other than Tiger Woods' apology this morning), when I am switching television channels for Olympic coverage I can't help but ask this question "how the heck* did Jenna Bush get to be a televison correspondent for the Today Show"? Can you explain that to me please......

*not quite the word I would use in real life.....

No comments: