Monday, April 5, 2010

Always Set the Table a few days before.....

I hope everyone had a happy Easter..... we had a big lunch at the house (planned long before cancer and tree-falling-on-house) A long time ago, I learned an important lesson from my beloved mother-in-law (the consummate entertainer). She has taught me many things, but one thing I have now adopted as my own - set the table long before the event. It is a great lesson - it means that if you need to launder placemats, tablecloths or napkins, you can do it long before the important day. You can get everything organized and have one less thing to worry about. So...I had set the table early on Good Friday. The table was set long before the tree fell on the house..... And dang it, who wants to take down a fully set and decorated table and not have a party after that? So, once the hydro came back on late Saturday, and once I knew all the food hadn't been ruined, the party was on..... My mother has never missed a party at our house - so I did feel her absence. Earlier in the week I tried to figure out how I could get her to the house - but there was no way we could have done that, and no way she was even interested in coming (a new alarming sign).... After lunch I headed to the hospital with food for my mom - and a new alarming sign has emerged....she has no appetite at all. Not even for beets, polish sausage, devilled eggs.....no appetite. A clear sign that all is not well in the world.....

Now - for some smiles...


This site has some hilarious protest signs - good for some chuckles today.

No comments: