Sunday, April 4, 2010

Trying not to take it personally.........

It was a stressful week - my mother went from being independent and active, to being bedridden and very sick. It doesn't help that it is taking so long to get a final diagnosis. I have had to learn many things to help my mother and once again I have realized the importance of being in the hospital as much as possible to be an advocate for a patient. My mother has lost her appetite and she is needing more drugs to keep the pain away.

What else could go wrong you might ask? Well, on Friday afternoon, this happened:




A tree from our neighbour's yard, fell on our house.... I had just gotten home from the hospital and the wind had started to blow.....and then I heard a crack and a crash..... The 90 foot tree took out the fence and took out down our hydro wires....it crashed into our deck, crushed the railings and took the structural beams out. The glass privacy screens shattered and there is glass everywhere. A big mess..... It was a cold weekend and the house was very cold - when we went to put a log on the fire, the chain for the flue broke - enough bad luck already.....

The worst thing was being without electricity and dealing with insurance and hydro during a holiday weekend. Let's just put it this way - it just seemed like it was toooo much to handle. I am just trying not to take it all personally.....

No comments: