Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Now it gets Scary....

Well, we have done it. We have sold the home we have lived in for 20 years. We are moving on - we are moving. Now what do we do? We are staying in the house until the middle of January - so we can have one last Christmas in the house. A good thing, because my whole family will be here (right, first-born?) Because my mother is terminally ill, everyone decided to come for the holidays this year.

Now we need to find a new place to live. We have started looking, but we aren't sure what we really want or where we really want to live. I need to stay close to my mother for the short-term so I can get her to appointments and handle all her daily living needs. Maybe just rent for a year until we can figure it all out?

It is a relief that the house is sold - we only had about 10 days of keeping it pristine and sparkly for showings, but we did have to wait for over a week for the deal to finalize - it is just nice it is all done.

No comments: