Thursday, January 20, 2011

Surfacing....barely surfacing...

After 21 years in one place, I guess I had forgotten how complicated it is to move and after 21 years of accumulating stuff, I guess I had forgotten how complicated it would be to move. Our move to the rented apartment and the move of stuff to storage happened on Saturday. The phone company made a mistake and we had no phone or internet (despite having made sure that change would be seamless) - and it took a few days to get our television service changed. So it has been days since we have been hooked up to the world. Then, just as the wireless internet was installed, my laptop chose to self-destruct. Dell has promised me a new hard drive will arrive by early next week, but until then I won't really feel connected. Next week, once I have my computer running, I will continue with new installments of "Giveaway - Help me Get Rid of My Earthly Possessions". Lots of stuff coming up!

The good news is that we find our new apartment to be comfortable and convenient. We are on ground level with a garden and deck - and we are close to our old neighbourhood. It is a strange feeling to have no control over our surroundings - the kitchen and bathrooms in the apartment are vintage 1970...but there is nothing we can do about it. On the other hand, when the drapery cord broke the other day, I just called the manager to come and fix it - presto - like magic - we didn't have to do or pay anything!

We are definitely suffering from moving fatigue. I can't imagine packing up and moving in the next few months - hmmmmm.....this will be interesting.....

1 comment:

sultradiva said...

Great to hear you survived and have a Mr. Fix-it!
I hope your non-technical time encouraged some snuggles...it's been downright chilly...