Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lost - Time Traveling Gets More Confusing



Tonight's episode of Lost shows handsome Desmond's plagued by time traveling. I don't really understand time traveling, but I can see now that it necessarily appears to involve: gorgeous men, true love and death.

In the romantic novel The Time Travelers Wife, a Chicago librarian possesses a gene that causes him to involuntarily time travel. He falls in love with an artist who doesn't have this gene and the book documents their lives throughout the years. I enjoyed the book, but spent most of the time trying to figure out what was happening and even more time wondering why I couldn't figure out what was happening. I assumed it was because I didn't have a physics degree. In Lost, Desmond involuntarily pops back and forward over an eight year period. His time travel is also dangerous - certain death is inevitable unless he can find an anchor in both his timelines (I know, it is confusing). His anchor? true love. Aye (as Desmond would say), Desmond connected with his true love.

I am looking forward to the movie The Time Travelers Wife - it features Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams. Time travel? handsome, true love and death......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krista, you are so right about the Time Traveler's... I read it but inevitably I flipped pages and my skeptical mind kept coming up with reasons that it doesn't make sense. I give you credit because I have no intention of seeing the movie no matter how great the cast! The funny thing is my children have an easier time of accepting this kind of idea... no surprise there...