Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No Snow......life is good.......

Yesterday I bought a snow shovel in anticipation of the snow. We were supposed to get a good dump of snow - but - yippeee, the temperatures stayed high enough so no snow fell. Now that is very good luck.....

I have been busy thinking about Christmas - a little bit of doing, but a lot of thinking. A little bit of baking - some shortbreads (at my request of my first-born), some brownies (for the second-born) and some biscotti (for Miguel).... Christmas lights outside (with only a bit of fighting as Miguel and I debated the best way to put them up) and decorations pulled up from the basement. We even have a tree (a little more fighting) in the house all ready to be decorated when the offspring come home this weekend. Don't tell my first-born that I am going to make her some spinach pies this morning - it is a secret......

Shopping? hmmmmm ...... what shopping...... It will be an "almost present-less" holiday - but I will need to get a few things. I haven't really been in the stores yet, but I do have a new snow shovel that someone might like.

Olympic preparations are in high-gear here in the Vancouver. Signs limiting and prohibiting parking or stopping on major roads have been posted. Volunteers are getting excited as they finish their training. Everyone is watching the weather. I have some guests coming - hopefully there will be enough beds for everyone.

No comments: